Jean-Marie's bookshelf: read

Mistress by Mistake
The Bride
The Winter Sea
Three Weeks in Paris
The Secret
The Duke's perfect wife
The Many Sins of Lord Cameron
Lady Isabella's scandalous marriage
The Madness of Lord Ian Mackenzie


Jean-Marie's favorite books »

Thursday, September 13, 2012

Raspberry Fool

A decadent cool treat for the family in honor of a recent decadent read for mom....  The money I saved on the free kindle download from my public library, I spent on raspberries.  Those buggers ain't cheap

                                     Raspberry Fool inspired by


Mistress By Mistake
by Maggie Robinson
Goodreads
Charlotte Fallon let her guarded virtue fall once--and she's paid dearly for it ever since. She swore she'd never succumb to men's desires again. But even a village spinster's life miles from temptation can't save her from a sister with no shame whatsoever. Or a heart that longs for more, whatever the cost. . .
Sir Michael Bayard found more than he expected in his bed when he finally joined his new mistress. He'd fantasized about her dewy skin and luscious curves, assured her understanding that what passed between them was mere dalliance. But he didn't expect the innocence and heat of her response in his arms. Nor her surprisingly sharp tongue once she was out of them. . .
A few days of abandon cannot undo the hard-learned lessons of a lifetime. Nor can an honest passion burn away the restraints of society's judgments. Unless, of course, one believes in nonsense like true love. . .




one pint heavy whipping cream
1/2 cup sugar
raspberries...approx 18 oz

Whip cream and sugar until stiff peaks
My beloved magic bullet with
processor blade

 put approx 1 1/2 cups raspberries in a food processor (not blender), you do not want to grind the seeds.  Place puree in a fine strainer and with a rubber spatula separate liquid from pulp.  Pour liquid portion of puree into whipped cream/sugar mixture and fold or continue to whip.  I received a fancy mixer for my birthday so I whipped to my hearts content.  

Layer the whipped mixture and fresh raspberries in a serving dish of you liking.  I chose wine goblets.. three large for my growing greedy boys and two smaller ones for the hubs and myself.  Chill in fridge until ready to serve. 
 My boys were fools for Raspberry Fool!!!




No comments:

Post a Comment