Jean-Marie's bookshelf: read

Mistress by Mistake
The Bride
The Winter Sea
Three Weeks in Paris
The Secret
The Duke's perfect wife
The Many Sins of Lord Cameron
Lady Isabella's scandalous marriage
The Madness of Lord Ian Mackenzie


Jean-Marie's favorite books »

Wednesday, September 12, 2012

Further reflection on "The WInter Sea"

I read many book within a short span of time... Many I love or at least like a great deal.  Rarely, if ever,  do I bother to read a book that doesn't hold my attention by the end of the "free sample" (kindle mania).  But, I must say that I am having a hard time shaking this read.  It seems to resonate within my soul.   I am coastal gal, with a deeply romantic heart and truly feel that I am an old soul (with a young spirit ).   I sooo loved this book.

The following quote from "The Winter Sea" is profound just from the basic level of its wording... but can certainly hold deeper meaning when one is going through periods of great turmoil.  To all my friends and love ones that need a little extra love.

"-- the fields might fall to fallow and the birds might stop their song awhile;  the growing things might die and lie in silence under snow, while through it all the cold sea wore its face of storms and death and sunken hopes...and yet unseen beneath the waves a warmer current ran that, in its time, would bring the spring. "

2 comments:

  1. Yea! I'm your first "follower" (but of course that is in addition to my on-going "girl-crush" :) This book had me from the first line....and of course in a puddle of tears numerous times. Great pick!

    Cindy

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. YAY!! I just found this.. You are my official first. This book is incredible and I have been variously consuming the others..

      Delete