Jean-Marie's bookshelf: read

Mistress by Mistake
The Bride
The Winter Sea
Three Weeks in Paris
The Secret
The Duke's perfect wife
The Many Sins of Lord Cameron
Lady Isabella's scandalous marriage
The Madness of Lord Ian Mackenzie


Jean-Marie's favorite books »

Wednesday, August 15, 2012

Schools in session

Well it looks as though some sort of agreement has finally been reached on the budget for this years school term.  After a week and a half of delays, the kiddos are finally on the eve of a new school year.  This one will be particularly bittersweet for me as my oldest will be a senior and one step closer to flying the nest.  I am so unbelievably proud of him and am super excited about what the future holds for him.  But, I can't help feeling a part of my heart is slowly breaking off.   He has such an incredible sense of humor... much like my own.  We can just look at each other and "get the joke" without saying a word.

I pray that I have done my job as mother, mentor and guide... and that he will have the tools to take life by storm.... I wish this for all my boys... but I still have a few more years to mess em up..   :)

If I am this maudlin during his senior year of high school... wait until he actually goes off to college...

No comments:

Post a Comment