Jean-Marie's bookshelf: read

Mistress by Mistake
The Bride
The Winter Sea
Three Weeks in Paris
The Secret
The Duke's perfect wife
The Many Sins of Lord Cameron
Lady Isabella's scandalous marriage
The Madness of Lord Ian Mackenzie


Jean-Marie's favorite books »

Wednesday, August 29, 2012

My kingdom for heavy cream

In the land of milk and honey is there no heavy whipping cream to be had??  I am attempting to make my own Clotted Cream , all part of my UK obsession.   The recipe calls for heavy whipping cream... I think... NO problem.  Au contraire my dear..  I guess the only kind available is Ultra Pasteurized and I need non-ultra pasteurized.  Every recipe clearly states NO ultra pasteurized.   Grrrrr looks like a trip south to Whole Foods Market.  I had to settle for overpaying for a small container of Devonshire Cream ....and of course a few other nibbles that caught my eye.






I will admit.... the Yorkshire pudding doesn't go with an afternoon tea , will save for dinner.   But grab a cuppa and I will bring the biscuits and cream..

No comments:

Post a Comment