Jean-Marie's bookshelf: read

Mistress by Mistake
The Bride
The Winter Sea
Three Weeks in Paris
The Secret
The Duke's perfect wife
The Many Sins of Lord Cameron
Lady Isabella's scandalous marriage
The Madness of Lord Ian Mackenzie


Jean-Marie's favorite books »

Friday, August 10, 2012

Are smart phones really smart????

Is technology really a good thing...

GRRRRR with all my hard drives crashes (note that as plural) this summer and now today's smart phone snafu ... I am starting to think I need to go old school.

My smartphone would not recognize my gmail acct therefore would not open my blog.  I want to be able to jot when the mood strikes me and a photo op presents itself... TO MUCH TO ASK????

Well it must be... because with the most generous and patient help of my wireless carrier.. we went through every scenario possible and then finally had to perform the HORRIFIC ... FACTORY RESET.   I feel the bile rising in my throat as I type the words.    Long story ...now longer.... it still does not work and I lost some files that contained seedling ideas for my blogs and MY ENTIRE PASSWORD FILE...

SHOOT ME PLEASE .... no you can't .... because I don't have that app nor the password to access it...

WHEW.. thank you for letting me vent

2 comments:

  1. Ahhhh, I'm sorry. I had to to the factory reset about 3 months ago and....I still only have about 10 contacts in my phone. Not even yours. Luckily, I memorized your phone #'s a long time ago, like before smart phones :) And the password file, well you're just fine and dandy screwed. And I thought I had a rough day last week! Hang in there!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am super grateful that Verizon has backup assistance for contacts... I would have been in a way worse state if I had lost my contacts. I remember some of my numbers but must confess that my brain isn't what it use to be.... heck its just plain lazy. :D My smart phone has made me stupid.

    ReplyDelete